Collection of your Information
In general, you can browse the Website without disclosing any personal information about yourself. All information provided is on a voluntary basis. We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide through the Website, via email, telephone or facsimile, etc. This includes information provided at the time of purchasing our products, subscribing to email newsletters or our services, ordering samples or brochures or requesting other information and posting materials on our blog. By way of example only, this can include your name, postal and/or email address, phone number, and credit card information. In addition to your contact information, we may collect details of your birthday, gender, occupation, and any other information necessary for you to join us as a Stylist.
- We may ask you for your personal information when you enter a competition, sweepstake or promotion.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- To become a Stella & Dot stylist you will need to provide us with your personal information through completing and digitally signing an on-line Stylist Agreement.
- [Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.]
[We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.]
We respect children’s privacy and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us. You should seek guidance from a parent or guardian to assist you.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive to collect information about your activities on the Website. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Website to operate.
Information Use and Disclosures
Internal and Administrative Use
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. For example, Stella & Dot will use personal information disclosed on the Customer Order Form or entered into the Website to process and complete a customer order, including shipping and billing. When a customer fills out and signs a Customer Order Form, they consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes set out above, unless we are notified otherwise.
- Referrals – When Stella & Dot receives unsolicited orders or hostess requests, your personal information will be provided to a stylist to ensure your needs are met.
- At Stella & Dot we want to ensure you are completely satisfied with your Stella & Dot purchase. Accordingly, the personal information you provide may be used for purposes of monitoring and ensuring customer satisfaction, including troubleshooting problems and resolving disputes.
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- [To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.]
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Marketing and Promotional
Stella & Dot may, from time to time, publish your personal information (name, photo, sales results and achievements) to recognize you for your achievements and help motivate other stylists.
Your personal information may also be used to keep you informed of new products, services and promotions, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. We store, use, or transfer your personal information only according to your consent and to the extent needed in each specific case, e.g. to respond to your questions or concerns, to fulfil your requests or to inform you about the results of a competition or sweepstake.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology]. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers or other sensitive information. Stella & Dot will NEVER ask for credit card of other financial details via email.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our ultimate holding company, Stella & Dot LLC, is located in the United States (“US”) and, accordingly, your personal information collected by us may be processed, transferred to and stored in the US. [Your personal information may be processed by staff operating in the US who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.] By submitting your personal information, you agree to this processing, transfer or storing.
Furthermore, the US government, courts or law enforcement agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your personal information through lawful means in the US. We may also be required to disclose personal information for detection and prevention of fraud.
The US does not offer the same statutory protection for personal information as exists within the European Union (“EU”). However, Stella & Dot LLC adheres to the seven privacy principles dictated by the Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce: Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement. These principles may be found at: www.export.gov/safeharbor. By self-certifying to the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework, Stella & Dot LLC strives to provide adequate privacy protection in relation to any personal information it receives from the EU.
Stella & Dot has further committed to refer unresolved complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Safe Harbor, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your inquiry or complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Stella & Dot, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR website at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information or to file a complaint.
If you believe that any personal information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Effective: October 2011
Amended: May 2012