Our Commitment to Social Responsibility
We create irresistible products of the highest quality that offer our customers a great value, but our commitment does not end there. We also have the responsibility to source our products in a legal, ethical and responsible manner. As an innovative company helping women thrive through flexible careers as work-from-home entrepreneurs, we strive to be a company women are proud to say they are part of - a company with integrity. With that as an overarching goal, we are committed to working only with partners who share our values for social responsibility.
Stella & Dot’s Social Responsibility Program clearly communicates our expectations around responsible production and sourcing practices. We hold our partners to high standards not only on the quality and safety of our products but also the quality and safety of the work environment they provide. Our partners are proactive in finding ways to benchmark their compliance and track progress in areas such as human rights, health and safety and fair wages and we provide them with clear feedback and direction by benchmarking their performance against industry, country and global standards.
The Stella & Dot Code of Conduct (Code) sets forth the standards that we expect of our partners and each and every one of them must agree to comply with the provisions of our Code in order to do business with us.
We measure our partners’ performance against our Code and if necessary, we take action, including working with our partners on improvements and remediation. Should any of our partners not be willing to work towards and achieve our standards, then we will cease doing business with them.
Our Industry Memberships
We recognize the importance of establishing relationships with experts to allow for improved communication with our business partners and continued research as we further develop and adopt new initiatives to enhance our standards and practices around Social Responsibility. Therefore we have established memberships with Business for Social Responsibility (www.bsr.org) and Fair Factories Clearinghouse (www.fairfactories.org).
California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
On January 1, 2012, the California Transparency in SupplyChains Act of 2010 (SB657), which is aimed at eliminating slavery and human trafficking from product supply chains, went into effect in California. The act requires retail and manufacturingcompanies to disclose their efforts to ensure that their supply chains are freefrom slavery and human trafficking.
In accordance with the California Transparency in SupplyChains Act of 2010 (SB 657), Stella & Dot LLC is committed to a workenvironment that is free from human trafficking and forced labor. Stella & Dot has made the followingefforts to ensure compliance by our partners:
- Verification. Stella & Dot engages in verification ofproduct supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking andslavery.
- Audits. Stella & Dot conducts compliance auditsof our suppliers to evaluate supplier compliance with Stella & Dot’sstandards for trafficking and slavery in supply chains.
- Certification. Stella & Dot’s suppliers arerequired to certify that materials incorporated into their products comply withslavery and human trafficking laws in the country or countries in which they dobusiness. Our partners are proactive infinding ways to benchmark their compliance and track progress in areas such ashuman rights, health and safety and fair wages and we provide them with clearfeedback and direction by benchmarking their performance against industry,country and global standards.
- Accountability. Stella & Dot maintains internalaccountability standards and procedures for employees or contractors failing tomeet company standards regarding slavery and trafficking.
- Training. Stella & Dot provides company employeesand management responsible for supply chain-related decisions training on humantrafficking and slavery. For questions or comments about our Social ResponsibilityProgram, please contact us at email@example.com.
Stella & Dot prohibits the use of forced labor and child labor in the production of our products. In addition to our practices noted above and our expectations outlined in our Code, we provide training for our sourcing and quality associates responsible for supply chain management to help them identify signs of forced labor and slavery. We also verify compliance through unannounced factory inspections by a credible third party assessment firm as well as the regular presence of our Asia based sourcing and production team.
For questions or comments about our Social Responsibility Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stella & Dot manufactures fashion jewelry and accessories for adults and children (children's product is defined by the Consumer Product Safety Commission as age 12 years and under). In so doing, we strictly adhere to all compliance safety regulatory measures set forth by the CPSC.
Stella & Dot uses the most stringent testing protocols and metrics to test our products for safe, compliant and non-traceable levels of Lead, Nickel and Cadmium that fall well within the standards set forth by the US and EU governments. For this reason, our products can be sold with confidence and are carefully labeled to comply with state laws to help our customers make informed decisions when purchasing.